Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

0
3

Carbon monoxide is dangerous you cant smell this or taste it so its a silent killer if people are exposed to this they need to call an ambulance because it can kill if not treated. Every year there are around 60 deaths from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in England and Wales. After carbon monoxide is breathed in, it enters your bloodstream and mixes with haemoglobin (the part of red blood cells that carry oxygen around your body) to form carboxyhaemoglobin. When this happens, the blood is no longer able to carry oxygen, and this lack of oxygen causes the body’s cells and tissue to fail and die.

These construction workers are chocking they are in a lot of danger because it looks like  high levels of gas. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning is sickness , dizziness , tiredness and stomach pain. The symptoms of low levels of carbon monoxide poisoning is feeling like you have the flu or food poisoning.

People now are putting in carbon monoxide alarms in there house to detect this gas and its normally small with a green light on it like a fire alarm. But unlike flu, carbon monoxide poisoning does not cause a high temperature. The symptoms can gradually get worse with prolonged exposure to carbon monoxide, leading to a delay in diagnosis. Your symptoms may be less severe when you’re away from the source of the carbon monoxide. If this is the case, you should investigate the possibility of a carbon monoxide leak and ask a suitably qualified professional to check any appliances you think may be faulty and leaking gas.  The longer you inhale the gas, the worse your symptoms will be. You may lose balance, vision and memory and, eventually, you may lose consciousness. This can happen within 2 hours if there’s a lot of carbon monoxide in the air.