When we are online especially on social media, we should be careful at all times especially young people as you don’t know who you could be talking to. This is why you should never include a picture of yourself as your profile picture and instead you could either leave your profile picture blank or include a different picture as long as it is not you.
The following are tips on how you can stay safe online:
- Never share your personal details such as name, date of birth, address, phone number etc.
- Make sure you have a long password which is a combination of letters, numbers and a symbol and that you remember the password.
- Change your password regularly.
- Don’t meet up with anyone you don’t know as you don’t know who that person is.
- If you are getting bullied online (cyberbullying), then you should tell someone immediately. You can contact ChildLine who deal with issues that young people have.